The past year saw a return of a tourist season and many award wins for our commercial businesses. We have two new federal subsidiaries, new contracts and customers for our federal contracting group, and continued growth and expansion of the corporation.
As 2021 ended and 2022 began, we project another year of growth and success for CFC. Everyone at the company dreams big and achieves even more and that is because the success we have had as a company has been forged by the hard work of everyone involved. As we head into this new year, let’s take a moment to review our accomplishments: (to watch the CFC 2021 Year in Review video, click here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqRoNUtwoUA)
- Cruise lines came back to Ketchikan with a modified tourism season
- Cape Fox Lodge launched a very successful joint marketing campaign in partnership with Baranof Fishing.
- New websites for Faces of Ketchikan, 108 Taphouse and Burger Bar, Cape Fox Lodge redesign.
- CFC launched new pages on the corporate website for Cape Fox Cares and its new Culture Center page.
- New websites for Navy ONR Internship Program with Saxman One, ATSTP Recruitment Page, Eagle Health Recruitment Page
- We welcomed two new Federal Contracting Group (FCG) subsidiaries with Wolf Lake Services, LLC and Cape Fox Endeavor, LLC
- Kwáan Tech received its 8(a) certification.
- Mountain Point, LLC won its first contract with new customer the Customs and Border Protection (CBP)
- FCG won several new contracts and new customers including contracts with National Institutes of Health, Customs and Border Patrol, General Services Administration, U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force, Defense Health Agency, Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation, United States Army Corps of Engineers, Indian Health Service, Air National Guard, United States Marshals Service.
- Every social media platform saw an increase in followers over the year, surpassing the initial 2021 goal in followers
- Press releases had a greater pick up by larger news agencies
- The company had another year of increased revenue
Philanthropy Highlights – Cape Fox Cares Program
- January 2021 – supported our local first responders by donating to the Battlefield Lodge Charitable Foundation
- November 2021 – CFC did a Food Giveaway for Thanksgiving
- December 2021 – Eagle Health sponsored Toys for Tots for the 3rd year in a row
- December 2021 – CFC did a Food Giveaway for Christmas
- Cape Fox Lodge awarded with the Loved by Guests Award for 2021 by Hotels.com
- Cape Fox Lodge is a 2021 Travelers’ Choice Award Winner from TripAdvisor
- Bar Harbor Ale House was awarded a badge of honor by Restaurant Guru for a 2021 Recommended Restaurant, and was recognized as having the best BBQ in Ketchikan and having the best interior
- There were 3 Commercial Tinàa Awards were presented throughout the year for employee excellence
- Concentric Methods won a 2020 Supplier Excellence G.E.M. (Going the Extra Mile) Award from KellyOCG
- There were 28 Federal Tinàa Awards were presented throughout the year for employee excellence
- Cape Fox Communications Team won three Hermes Creative Awards (One platinum and two gold)
- Cape Fox Communications Team were recognized with their third Telly award
- CFC was presented the Best in Parade award by the Greater Ketchikan Chamber of Commerce
- Cape Fox Communications Team increases its recognitions with two dotCOMM Awards
- Cape Fox Employee and Shareholder Kelly White wins a prestigious 2021 Rasmuson Foundation Fellowship Award
- Cape Fox Corporation (CFC) ranks #28 in top Alaska businesses in Alaska Business Top 49ers ranking for 2021
Cape Fox’s has an amazing ability to dream big but achieve even more because we are a team united in strength and the mission of the company. And together, we will make 2022 another year of achievement.
“Have great hopes and dare to go all out for them. Have great dreams and dare to live them. Have tremendous expectations and believe in them.” – Norman Vincent Peale