Cape Fox Corporation (CFC) had a momentous year in 2023. CFC has long held a legacy of community, creativity, innovation, adaptability, and perseverance. This year, we got to celebrate this deep-rooted legacy for CFC’s 50th Anniversary. It was an exciting year for the organization, marked by numerous awards, accolades, significant business achievements, and expanded enterprises.
Everyone at the company contributes daily to the company’s success and any achievements earned. Team Cape Fox has become an industry leader with the force of a unified group of individuals who have led us into the future. The company’s success is our success, and I delight in reviewing our accomplishments from 2023:
- CFC turns 50! CFC held its historic celebration of 50 years in business on November 10th.
- At the 50th Anniversary celebration for CFC, a new commemorative totem was raised. Designed by Resident Artist and Cape Fox Board Member Kenneth White and crafted by him and his apprentice Marcus Blair. The new commemorative totem is the “Love Bird” design. At the top is the raven, and below is the eagle.
- CFC represented at the 2023 Trend Alaska Fashion Show with original designs by the Board of Director and Artist-in-Residence Kenneth White and creations by Jeremy Barrett, an employee of CFC.
- The Moananuiākea Voyage and the Polynesian ship Hōkūle‘a visited Ketchikan on its 15th major voyage in her first 50 years. The Ketchikan Indian Community (KIC) canoe and the Tlingit Saxman canoe, with CFC shareholders and employees onboard, steered through the waters at sea in the same waters as the Hōkūleʻa in a grand celebration of unity.
- Ketchikan Innovation Hub is now live! The new website for the Ketchikan Innovation Hub went live in December 2023.
- CFC invested in Ketchikan, Alaska’s healthcare system, with plans to open a new dialysis clinic, Calm Harbor Health Clinic, in 2024.
- CFC maintains its rankings as a top Alaska business. CFC was commended for being the company with the second fastest percentage of growth of any company in the Top 49ers since 2020 and the COVID-19 pandemic. For 2023, we ranked #27.
- Cape Fox Lodge launched a very successful joint marketing campaign in partnership with Baranof Fishing for the third year.
- On May 8, 2023, CFC Commercial Group opened its doors to a new establishment, The Eagles Nest, located at CFL. The Eagles Nest is the new pizzeria restaurant.
- The FCG website underwent a major renovation and redesign. The newly restyled site launched on September 1st.
- New website pages for Nooya Lake Technologies, LLC, and for new capabilities Event Management and Marketing and Facilities and Security Services
- We expanded our Federal Contracting Group (FCG) with the addition of Nooya Lake Technologies, LLC as a subsidiary.
- Cape Fox Mission Systems received its 8(a) certification.
- CFFI and CFFS earned ISO standards 9001:2015 certification.
- Eagle Health obtained a facility security clearance. This is a determination made by the government for a contractor that enables greater access to classified information.
- Cape Fox FCG won contracts with several new customers, including the United States Space Force, Department of State, Department of Treasury, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, and the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency.
Philanthropy Highlights – Cape Fox Cares Program
- February 2023 – Cape Fox Cares supported our local first responders by donating to the Fraternal Order of Police Lodge #43 Charitable Foundation
- August 2023 –
- November 2023
- November 2023 – CFC hosted its annual Turkey Drive for Thanksgiving
- December 2023 – Eagle Health, Cape Fox, CFFI, and CFFS sponsored Toys for Tots events at various locations nationwide to overwhelming success. This is the second year in a row to have participation from CFFI and CFFS and the tenth year for Eagle Health.
- Bar Harbor Ale House restaurant was honored with a Great Eats award for the best American, Bar, International, Barbecue, Pub, and Beer restaurants in Ketchikan
- 108 Taphouse and Burger Bar was awarded a Great Eats Award for the best American Bar and Pub restaurant in Ketchikan
- In March 2023, three Cape Fox Tours employees, Deandra Banie, Matthew Cutler, and Adrianna Oliva-Parks, were awarded scholarships for continuing education from the Alaska Travel Industry Association (ATIA)
- Bar Harbor Ale House restaurant was honored by Restaurantji as the Best Restaurant in Ketchikan
- CFC Tours was awarded a 2023 Experts’ Choice Award from TripExpert for its Saxman Native Village Tour
- There were 40 Federal Tinàa Awards were presented throughout the year for employee excellence
- An employee from Concentric Methods, Jenn Sword, was honored by NIH
- Kwaan Tech’s Program Management and Administrative Support team supporting the Department of State (DOS) Bureau of Diplomatic Security (DS) High Threat Program (HTP) were recognized for their work
- CFC was awarded as Most Dedicated Alaska Native Corporation by LUXlife Magazine.
- 2023 LuxLife Magazine Awards Best Gourmet Food and Beverage Award.
- 2023 Viddy Awards
- Gold for Cape Fox Lodge Baranof Fishing’s “Never Stop Exploring” video ad
- 2023 MarCom Awards
- Gold for redesigned Cape Fox FCG website
- Gold for FCG IT Capabilities Video
- 2023 dotCOMM Awards
- Gold for FCG IT Capabilities video
- Gold for Eagles Eye View Blog post
- 2023 Telly Awards
- Silver award for FCG Healthcare Capabilities video
- Silver award for its Cape Fox Cultural Foundation Fundraiser Ad
- 2023 Communicator Awards
- Award of Excellence for its Faces of Ketchikan Website
- Award of Excellence for its Faces of Ketchikan Print Ad that was in the Top 49ers’ edition of the AK Business Magazine
- Award of Distinction for the content on the Sweet Mermaids website
- Award of Distinction for its Cape Fox Cultural Foundation Fundraiser Ad
- 2023 Hermes Awards
- Platinum for Faces of Ketchikan Print ad in the Top 49ers’ edition of the AK Business Magazine
- Gold for Cape Fox Cultural Foundation Fundraiser Video Ad
- Gold for its Never Stop Exploring – Cape Fox Lodge/Baranof Fishing Video Ad
- 2023 AVA Digital Awards
- Gold for Cape Fox Tours seasonal recruitment campaign ad
- Gold for Cape Fox Jingle: Holiday Extravaganza video
CFC has continued to flourish and stand out for its expertise, vision, and cultural traditions, including diversity and community support. CFC works diligently to create new possibilities for growth, but the team behind those dreams who put in the work are the ones who led us toward another year of expansion, achievement, and celebration. As we plan for 2024, we see a bright future where we do more for the company and its employees. Together, we will continue to create new possibilities for growth, innovation, and recognition.